I commonly zone out when grading which usually means I stare out the window. For many years, this is what I saw out of my Room 3 window at Rehoboth (never mind the fact that in the past 3 years it was dark most of the time as I suffer from insomnia and was often in my room somewhere between 3- 5 AM):
This picture was taken by a former student from a cell phone and emailed to me and it is now the background on work computer in case I experience "enchantment fever." I never knew a picture of a parking lot could be so calming. :)
This year, I have gone from Room 3 and the picture above to Room J307 (third floor) and the picture below:

Lots of comparisons could be spent on these two pictures. While both beautiful (as far as scenes out of High school classrooms go), differences in geography, perspective and color could be made. Then there are elements of how typical these pictures are of the places they represent. What’s behind the trees, buildings and mountains? What does it look like when you rotate 45, 90 or 180 degrees?
However, after all the wondering is done… there is still the knowledge that God’s beauty is everywhere, and God’s calling is here(wherever that may be) and…
that there is still a stack of papers to grade.
sweeda
This picture was taken by a former student from a cell phone and emailed to me and it is now the background on work computer in case I experience "enchantment fever." I never knew a picture of a parking lot could be so calming. :)This year, I have gone from Room 3 and the picture above to Room J307 (third floor) and the picture below:
Lots of comparisons could be spent on these two pictures. While both beautiful (as far as scenes out of High school classrooms go), differences in geography, perspective and color could be made. Then there are elements of how typical these pictures are of the places they represent. What’s behind the trees, buildings and mountains? What does it look like when you rotate 45, 90 or 180 degrees?
However, after all the wondering is done… there is still the knowledge that God’s beauty is everywhere, and God’s calling is here(wherever that may be) and…
that there is still a stack of papers to grade.
sweeda
1 comment:
Gotta love those papers! Can'tsay I miss them much!
Post a Comment