About 4 years ago, I stopped buying cheap shoes. After lingering knee pain and a trip to the doctor, we came to the conclusion that expensive shoes are worth it. Since then I am quite careful about the quality of shoes that I buy.
After 6 years of playing basketball with my current basketball shoes (which were purchased at a Reebok outlet in Holland, Michigan for $39), the time had come to replace them for my weekly basketball game at SPH. With the “no cheap shoes” philosophy in mind and no outlet store with good basketball shoes in sight, I sprang the most money I have ever paid for basketball shoes ($119 for Yao Ming Reeboks—I must live in Asia ;-) ). I justified it with the assurance that the exercise I would get in the next 6-8 years will more than make up for the money spent.
Wouldn’t you know it… after using the shoes twice, basketball for staff at SPH seems to have ended. Therefore my basketball shoe purchase and exercise plan seems shot. Now you understand that I was ecstatic when some staff played ultimate Frisbee last Thursday (see pictures below). Exercise at last (without the expensive shoes).
1 comment:
Hey Steve,
I can so relate to your shoe post! I am looking for good running shoes becuase if I don't wear good shoes with good orthotics , I am toast. Hope the ultimate works well! Been rather busy over here. We have just finished with state testing. (NMSBA). We'll see how thta turns out....
Blessings!
Ron
Post a Comment