This Saturday morning, we asked Ibu Warshi (our maid) to take us to the small traditional market near our house. She has taken us to other larger traditional markets in Jakarta, but always by car. This market is close enough to walk (a mile one way), but feels a long way away from the familiarity of Lippo Village.
Here is a few photos and descriptions of the trip:
(be thankful you can't see or smell the sweat dripping off me)
Eric in front of the market
Hope and vendor following a 30 cent sticker purchase
Ibu Warshi barters for fresh fruit
(she is wishing she left us at home about now)
Eric crosses narrow bridge on the way home
(Yes, Neil is taller than her)
End of the year party. As I am writing this, my year 12 students are one week into IB exams. On our last regular day of classes, we celebrated with food and games. I thought I'd share some of the fun:
Is it too cliche to play Monopoly at an Economics class party?
Consider this flavor for your next Super Bowl party!
I lost my wedding ring last Sunday in a story I'll let our friend, Kim White, tell in her blog. Just click on the link below:
http://trisandkim.blogspot.com/2009/05/ultimately-wet-sunday.html
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment