Our House
A palace by Indonesian standards, our house is comparable in size to our house in New Mexico. It has two stories, two bathrooms, four small bedrooms, a garage, and (hopefully) a whole lotta love. Key differences:
*Tile floors instead of wood
*Air conditioning and no furnace
*Tiny back yard (20 feet by 10 feet) with a huge cement wall around it.
*Maid quarters
*No hot water in the kitchen or for the washing machine.
*No basement
*Grass in the yard
*You cannot see Rehoboth peak from the kitchen window.
Misc. thoughts and observations:
*We might not need an alarm clock. The Muslim call to prayer begins a 4:30 AM and our house is relatively near a mosque.
*Automatic Badet’s are not for the timid.
*Our landlord is a Harley Davidson fan. Our address on the front of the house is a hand painted Harley logo with our house number.
*Janet and I are still waiting for a vision on how we want to decorate our house. I think it may never come. Any ideas? Please email us.
*We are on the island of JAVA and Sumatra (next island to us) is known for some of the best coffee in the world, yet when we showed up for in service at the school, they served us instant coffee.
*Bananas are more expensive here than in the U.S. but you can get a good steak and fries dinner for $2.90 at a sit down restaurant.
Remember to email us at:
or
or Skype us!
2 comments:
I'm still trying to figure out how we can come and visit. I think it might involve me getting a job.
sian
HOPE LOOKS SOOOO CUTE. I really enjoy the pictures.. Was there a black person (male) in the background in the (1st) group photo? Is everyone in the "group" christian? Are you restricted in movement? Areas? What is the racial portion in the work area?? School? Living compound?? Number of Americans? People from other countries??
I'm so excited for you guys..
yolanda and Call
Post a Comment